Japanese Patterns Upcycled Teak Wood Coasters - Individual / Set of 4
- Unit Price
Our Japanese Patterns Upcycled Teak Wood coasters come with individual patterns. Our makers have obtained the off-cut woods from the furniture factories and give these beautiful hardwoods an extra purpose.
The patterns on the coaster inspired by traditional Japanese Patterns and each has a different meaning:
- Wave Crest (Seigaiha): This design is made of rows of ocean waves forming a fan-shaped pattern. It symbolizes the desire for continued peaceful living, like the tranquil waves.
- Hemp Leaf (Asanoha) symbolises Adulthood. It is connected to the ideas of growth and children's health since hemp is durable and grows quickly.
- Fletching (Yagasuri): This pattern is based on arrow fletching. It is used as a lucky charm for weddings and other ceremonies, as it is based on the Japanese saying that, once an arrow is fired, it never returns.
- Seven Treasures (Shippo)has a meaning of the unending chain of expansion of harmony and peace.
Each coaster is carefully and delicately laser cut from 5mm thick teak wood and further enhanced by hand sanding to give them a smooth finish. Each coaster is also given an extra coating of oil and wax to give maximum protection and accentuate finishing.
This unique set of upcycled wooden coasters will make a great housewarming gift or a lovely addition to a wedding list. They are also a great present for the 5th Wooden Wedding anniversary.
- Delicately laser cut from offcut teak woods
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Eco-friendly, cruelty-free and suitable for vegans
- Size: Length 9cm, Width 9 cm; Depth 0.4cm
100% Recycled Teak Wood
For this collection, each coaster is individually designed and crafted by a skilled artisan. Each coaster is unique, so the design of the coaster may differ from the item pictured. The pictures are only intended to provide an impression of the designs created by our artisans.
Please note that there may be slight variations in colour, size and pattern from the pictured product. This reflects the handmade nature of the items and the sourcing of the upcycled materials. It also adds to the individuality and uniqueness of each item. No two products are the same.